FROM AWARD-WINNING AUTHOR DR GOVIND SHUKLA, NUTRITION EXPERT
Govind Shukla, Specializes in Pharmacology, Toxicology, Nutraceuticals & Herbal Drugs has published More than 50 research papers in National & International Journals. He is also a reviewer of International Journal of Pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics, Chief editor of IJPNR Journal & Freelance Medical Writer for Different publication Groups including Lambert Academic Publishing Saarbrucken, Germany.
Health Benefits of Vitamins
Fat Soluble Vitamins
- Vitamin A: Acts as an antioxidant, essential for growth and development, maintains healthy vision.
- Vitamin D: Essential for the formation of bones and teeth helps the body to absorb and use calcium
- Vitamin E: Antioxidant, helps to form blood cells, boosts the immune system
- Vitamin K: Essential for blood clotting
Water Soluble Vitamins
- Vitamin C: Antioxidant, necessary for healthy bones, gums, teeth and skin. Helps in wound healing, prevent from common cold
- Vitamin B 1: Helps in carbohydrate metabolism, essential for neurological function.
- Vitamin B 2: Energy metabolism, maintain healthy eye, skin and nerve function.
- Vitamin B 3: Energy metabolism, brain function
- Vitamin B 6: Helps to produce essential proteins, convert proteins to energy
- Vitamin B 12: Help in producing genetic material, the formation of RBC, maintenance of CNS, synthesis of amino acids, involved in the metabolism of protein, fat and carbohydrate.
- Folic acid: Helps in RBC formation, the formation of the genetic material of a cell, very much essential during pregnancy
- Pantothenic acid: Aids in the synthesis of cholesterol, steroids, and fatty acids, crucial for the intraneuronal synthesis of acetylcholine